Thread: New... My Story
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You do have an interesting med history and dealing with social medicine in the UK does not make your personal situation any easier to deal with short or long term.

Koala provided and excellent response and speaks from good authority based on the experiences and knowledge acquired over the years.

First, may I point out, "WELCOME" to NeuroTalk we are glad you have found us. To my knowledge, none of us are medical doctors. Having pointed this out, in essence you have come here for direction, support, answers to questions; however, visiting an internet forum is not the place to expect a diagnosis. My impression from your post is you understand this and are actually seeking acknowledgment and appreciation with like minded people.

As Koala pointed out the inner ear can cause the imbalance challenges. However, with the other neuro oriented symptoms you listed my first gut impression is MS, within the differential to be explored. True, MRIs can take some time to show lesions after the onset of symptoms. Most importantly a good consistent neurologist is a priority but currently out of your control.

Many neurological diseases and disorders, such as MS, are determined by a "rule out" process involving many different tests taking some time to accomplish. Neuros are always looking for the quick and easy diagnosis with a heavy lesion load on the brain MRI and/or positive lumbar puncture results in the CSF (Central Spinal Fluid). Barring that, the process is very subjective based on the neuro.

At this point you are doing the best thing possible, being proactive in seeking out information and educating yourself. This is a great place to do that by asking questions of those who have been there and done that. As Koala mentioned there are several specific boards you may wish to visit including the MS board. Keep us informed as you move along this journey.

As you can see by the length of this post, there are no simple quick answers. Just understand, you are NOT alone!

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote