View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think I'm understanding what you guys are talking about but some of it is new information to me. First off, "WELCOME" to NeuroTalk, a great place to meet new people who can relate and support you.

I have a variety of Dyskensias, Dystonia, both diagnosed since November of '09 creating very entertaining involuntary movements. I've had RLS since 2000 and it is quite severe treated with the maximum dose of Requip.

Now the ataxia is cerebellar related with a diagnosis of spinocerebellar atrophy and cerebellar degenerative disease both with ataxia. When trying to get around in the house without using my power wheelchair and only my forearm crutches, my wife says I look like a very drunk Captain Jack Sparrow. Personally, I consider that quite a compliment.

Outside the house is completely different racked with too many challenges. I didn't recognize the names of the ataxia you guys mentioned but it doesn't matter in that we are all actually experiencing very similar challenges.

Keep us informed on your journey. You may find we all have more in common than expected.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote