View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Nervous, my PN started when I was 30. I've had it for over 30 yrs. Mine is not progressing, but it is aggravating. If you look at your problem, as aggravation, rather than illness, it then becomes more manageable to deal with.

I use many tricks to help my problems. (I have arthritis too, which complicates the PN now in my older years).

Sometimes I use magnets, sometimes I get the Lidoderms out, I use Biofreeze gel often, I pick very comfy shoes, I don't do shovels or ladders, I use auto-relaxation and breathing exercises, and I do several supplements and follow the Zone diet, and avoid sugars. All of this has over the years allowed me to manage my pain, and aggravation. I now have to take levothyroxine for my thyroid. Sometimes I have to wear my hand braces to bed, if I've been working too much during the day.

You will learn to focus less on your PN and more on the process of protecting your body from further damage. This means watching alcohol intake, researching drugs that are offered to you and finding alternates for the most nasty ones if possible, and providing the diet and nutrients to help your body work better.

Our bodies are so complex, that they are bound to break down somewhat as we age. We are exposed to terrible toxins daily, and poor food options in this country. Each day I am grateful and thankful I don't have cancer, epilepsy, MS or some other serious problem like heart disease. The PN I consider aggravating and sometimes I do get fed up with it, but it tends for me to stabilize and not progress. Before I found the trigger of nightshade veggies, I was having burning going up my shins some nights! Who would think? !! MSG also is now hard on me, so I read labels carefully. I do have hypertension and that started around the same time as the PN, and I don't like the meds I have to take, but I take them. I have side effects from those that make me very aggravated some days.

But you do what you gotta do. Nervous give yourself time to "accept". We have to "accept" many things in life, and many of them are unpleasant, unfortunately.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (07-28-2010), Sheltiemom (08-26-2010)