View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default try this perhaps

Invisible, if it were me, I'd try some of the OTC stuff folks here have reported helped, most specifically dextromethorphan. You can get it in the cough syrup, I dont' remember the name, but search this on the forum and you'll get lots of results. Many PDers take it as part of their regime every night. You have to take the kind that has ONLY dextromethorphan in it, any other active ingredient messes things up. If you try this for a few days and feel better, or your sensations go away, that might mean something, I don't know. I'm not doctor, but I know the suspense of all this, and stress which makes everything worse, would be horrific.

RLSmi takes this nightly, if I remember correctly, and takes the children's form of it? You might search for posts by him for more info. on this.

I've always wondered if some of the things talked about and used here, like turmeric, ginseng, skullcap, dextromethorphan, etc., were taken early in the game, before a dx, if it might significantly alter things for the better. If you try any of these things, please let us know how they work for you. If you do have PD and they help, that would tell us a lot, especially because you are not taking any PD meds yet and your system is clear of those drugs.

I gotta add that I'm not advocating you do this, since I'm not a doc, have to have that disclaimer on everything nowadays.

Last edited by lurkingforacure; 07-12-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: disclaimer
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote