View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Hi Tracyd,

I am a TOSer and from what you describe I am thinking that they are saying by "mass effect"s that the effect of the compression would be similar to being compressed by a mass but that there is not an actuall mass there. I think its talking about the degree of compression on the blood vessels and nerve bundle.

If you are in the hands of one of the vascular docs in denver you are in good hands. There are two good ones there. I would try to see both and get a second opinion.

Keep us posted.
Thanks Shelley,

What you said makes a lot of sense -- hopefully I'll find out today. In the report, it did state that there is no cervical rib or an anomalous muscle. Hopefully it's an easy fix, whatever it is that's compressing the subclavian artery and brahcial plexus.

I am seeing one of the two great vascular surgeons (I've never been happier to live in Denver as I am now!). The dr mailed me a report of my appt with him and I am very impressed with the details he noted. Most was accurate and he paid a lot more attention to what was going on with me than I thought. In the report, he once again stated that although I have TOS, this is not a typical case. I do plan on talking to my primary about seeing the other surgeon -- can't hurt.

Unfortunately, my left leg and foot went numb last night for several hours. I was not happy about this! I know that TOS has nothing to do with my leg, or my face going numb. Bummer. I think I was happier being in denial.

Thanks again to everyone. I'm still amazed at how supportive people are on this site. It helps to know I'm not alone.
Tracyd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-12-2010)