View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hello Illana
how long ago did you have the tooth pulled? most times you should give it 3-4 months to "settle down" .
when were you told you have ATN /TN ??
I think even if a nerve is damaged it will always try to regenerate /re- grow .like with me my nerve is snapped on the lower right and it mis fires as it is trying to heal but it has been 11 years and it just isnt going to happen but the nerve is and always will keep trying to re-generate and re-grow so it mis-fires and make my lower jaw have tremors and shake like I am shivering sometimes .
I guess to answer your question yes i have talked with others who had t.n.pain from dental and after 3 - 6 months the nerve settled down and the pain was gone but after a certain length of time one has to look start finding a way to manage the pain with meds and other options . but no T.N. dose not go away on its own I personally do not think there is a cure there are only ways to manage the pain either with meds or surgery of some type.
I do think you should post this in our dental forum here also and maybe get some feed back from people in that forum too. the more info the better. here is the link to our dental forum....
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum89.html
Bryanna in there she is full of great info .
PLEASE let us know how your apt goes with the neuro this week and keep us updated on things. we are here to help and support each other .
hope you get some answers soon and your pain lessens .
PEACE
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote