Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

football,

You can google the drs and you will find them. Dr Gus is at the UNC Chapel Hill Sports Medicine and Training Department. he is the director. You can also do a phone book look up. I have a few links for you. There are two lectures that are worth the time to watch. I posted the links last week.

I will send you the doc file.

Re hormones. many endocrinologists use a broad range for acceptable levels. My doc likes me at the higher end of the range.

Make sure you are breathing all of the time when you are sleeping. Sleep apnea can cause the foggy days. I have Central Sleep Apnea. If I sleep on my side, my diaphragm stops pulling breaths until I partially wake and start breathing again.

My wife can tell that I will have a bad day if my breathing is irregular.

My most problematic symptoms are receiving information. I have very little immediate or short term visual or auditory memory. I can talk with mostly normal skills until I get stuck trying to find a word or I lose track (forget) of what I am saying. I know to avoid chaotic environments, etc.

Knowing how to explain some of my symptoms to others helps them understand and accommodate me better. To do this, first you need to catalog your symptoms. The TBI Guide will help you with this.

Gotta go get dinner. It is my 30 anniversary to a wife who has put up with my PCS for decades. Now that we both understand PCS better, she can see my symptoms back 30 years. The last ten have been the toughest. At least two of my three adult kids still put up with me.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote