View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Tengboche,

I am on full and permanent disability due to my PCS. Although my cognitive issues are my most problematic, my disability is based on the behavioral symptoms of PCS.

It depends on where you live and what system of disability you have to deal with to get a disability finding. My disability is US Social Security Disability. It took three years to finally get approved.

There are a variety of ways to show that you are unable to work. SSDI has a term of "pace and persistence" that would qualify most with serious PCS. This means that they cannot maintain the pace (rate of work or production) of a normal 40 hour work week nor can they be persistent (work without a need to take either planned or unplanned breaks to recover).

With SSDI, the applicant does not provide the doctors' reports diagnosing disability. The doctors can only report on the medical condition and work abilities and limitations. ie, Subject cannot maintain focus on a computer screen for a sustained work period. Subject cannot hold a writing instrument for more than ..... minutes or hours without nerve stress. Subject is unable to maintain cognitive function in a noisy environment. Etc.

Hope this helps.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tengboche (07-13-2010)