View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:11 AM

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member
Default She works on the computer all day, can't help

Hi Maggie, it's good you are tackling this right away cause nerves can heal when they are helped soon after they are damaged. Plus many PN patients have lighter cases and are not on heavy medicines. They just don't need as much help and don't post on websites and you don't hear about them as much. They're the ones all the Drs. know about.

I'm older and have had SFPN for 11 yrs but 2 yrs before that started, I had a light case of carpal tunnel start and some of your symptoms sound familiar. I wore the wrist splints at night and took either vitamin B1 or B6 daily (I can't remember which is for that, don't exceed 100mg of B6/day). This cleared up quickly, in case yours starts up again. I worked with my hands all my career. I also had tarsal tunnel syndrome when my SFPN started but surgery took care of it. So I think I was prone to neuropathies when I had a cause. I did find pre-diabetes as a cause by taking the glucose tolerance test with blood drawn at 1/2 hr, 1 hr, and 2 hr. Also advised is to continue that test longer with draws at 3, 4, and 5 hrs. to check for lows. Taking insulin samples is also advised.
dany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote