View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUReady View Post
Help ! I am in about a week plus flare with my LLE (original RSD in LUE which spread to entire left side) , the burning is the worst I have experienced....My sleep has turned into an hour or less to be awoken to the pain . I cannot get it to break ! I take the meds I have prescribed and have Chloryl Hydrate and Restoril to attempt to help with sleep , but no luck . This may sound really dumb but I hurt way to bad to go sit in the docs office (not sure what else he could give anyhow) , I take hot baths 24/7 to ease it up , but the relief does not stick . Sorry for rambling but this is the worst pain without relief in the 10 yrs of having this stuff . What do y'all do to help sleep during times like this ? I need/want/must go to sleep !!!
Many times I have felt to bad to go to the doctor's office. I can relate to you there. I have had RSD for 8 years & sometimes I go for 76+ hours with NO SLEEP. It is miserable. Just last month, my new PM physician prescribed "Seroquel 100mg" taken at bedtime. It usually works, but a boost of Phenergan 25 mg will help on the really hard nights. I can relate and I am SO sorry for you. I have found no miracle cure, but this helps better than anything else I've tried. "Vistaril 25 mg" will also give a boost to anything the doc gives you for sleep, but just doesn't cut it.
Hang in there. That is all we can do. I am in the middle of the worst flare that I have had in years. It is so bad I actually thought something bad had happened to me - I had hurt myself, caught the flu, all at the same time.
I understand what you are going through, but that doesn't ease your pain. Sorry!
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote