View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

jack didn’t pee all night. they gave him anti anxiety meds, and pain meds before he left the vet. I gave him more pain meds at 11 last night and 7:30 this morning. he has NOT peed! This means I have to take him back to the vet. they will probably have to use a catheter on him. That means anesthesia.

I just don’t get it. He wanted me to love him last night, and he was so sweet, but he needs to pee! without peeing his kidney will rupture, or his potassium will rise so high it stops his heart. Im simply at a loss. He would squat in the box several times, wait about 5 seconds, and then ...nothing! he would tuck his butt under like it hurt,and jump out of the box. so, I get to call the vet this morn, and they will probably want him back in there.

I hate this! Im so stressed. I am in tears, and just don’t know what to do for him. He growls now when you try to pet him,he is so uncomfortable. Poor thing. I cant leave him like this. I gave him meds just a bit ago, hoping that it will keep him more comfy in his carrier. So...its another vet day. I don’t want to cry about money, cause I love this cat, but it will be another $300 today at least.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (07-14-2010)