Thread: denial of rsd
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbyWithRSD View Post
Hip Hip Horray for you Karen! Your right - It is VERY important to educate others. I've made it my goal in life to explain to anyone and everyone I can about my husbands condition. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! As a matter of a fact I recently explained to a few of my co-workers about what he has. They were suprised, amazed, dumfounded and sympathetic. They also learned something - Which is a GOOD thing. I know now in my heart that if the day comes where they ever run across someone with the same condition they will remember my words and what I tought them.

I recently saw too - to my amazement a bumper sticker that read something to the effect of "RSD Survivor" and had reflex sympathetic dystrophy around the edges - I LOVED IT!!!! I feel for the woman who was driving the vehicle BUT I thought....What an awesome way to spread the word!!! To let people know that there IS something out there called RSD!

I know its frustrating sometimes to talk to others about you or your loved ones condition - That people find it hard to understand BUT with your words and even the help of an website link or two the more people we can tell about this horrible condition the better it will be understood by others.
*hugs* Yep, all that fire we got needs to go somewhere so what better way? I have 2 things on our car, one is an RSD sticker in the window and the other is a car magnet with RSD on it. Hubby has gotten asked if he has RSD in the parking lot before and then he tells them no my wife does and then I've heard, My son has it, or my daughter or my spouse. They know they're not alone in this town, there are others here with rsd too. If you want magnet or sticker to to rsdhope.org. They sell all kinds of RSD stuff on there, it's where I got mine.

Hugs,
Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote