View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I think if you have no other symptoms from the supplements, that you should continue.

There are changes that may occur. Supplements are slow going. They are not like drugs. They slowly insert into systems that need them.

Basically I have not seen anyone have "negative" changes...enough to be concerned about stopping. There are NO changes, sometimes, for a time period...because the body has to adapt to having nutrients it was missing. Things sort of have to "wake up"...and get going again.

The biggest change is to your wallet. And I am not trying to be funny...but it is true. These are costly and many people cannot afford them. The supplements we all use here are very benign. But don't hesitate to report here...because we all learn from each other. I've used high dose supplements for 10 yrs, and I have no cancer yet... I am in my 60's.

Some nutrients... esp folate now... are implicated in "feeding cancers". The increase folate suggestions for young women have led to some increase in colon cancers. This doctor came on a thread recently and addressed this new concern:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post663808-20.html

This is the whole thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=Metanx

This problem refers specifically to folate and cancer so far, and is pretty new.

I've talked to an oncologist, who was clueless about nutrients and chemo. And I've talked to a breast cancer patient who credits her survival to using flax oil during her chemo. So there are no real answers to everyone out there.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote