View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Periosteum

Just my thoughts, putting it out there....

Removing the PERIOSTEUM, is something that is done by doctors generally, it is a landmark they look for to cut beyond.
I think that it is juat rib stump regrowth, no one can control it.

THe Periosteum is a notch or part of the first rib near the sternum perhaps, it is found that if this is left on and not removed the tip of the rib can regrow.

My daughter had a top surgeon , absolutly noted in surgical notes , did remove the rib to past the periosteum, but the rib rounded out at the tip. I think there is a greater possibility of rib growing, not guarenteed, then because the point of removal was not made.

Many times I hear of rib regrowth, but it really is not the surgeon, all protocol is followed; it is the body healing?

The same thing with adhisions, or scar matter, just beyond our control. Even with use of Adcon-L, using pericardial patch to wrap the nerves, just our sucky bodies response.

I can;t figure if they can do orthoscope on the knee and gall bladder, why not for TOS TO reduce truma to the area? Less chance of bleeding and scar matter?

I can look in Dr.Sanders book and see what he says about regrowth, or ask Dr.togut about it. There was some note on an xray my daughter had several years ago, If I can find it from Dr.Fried I will edit and include what he states about the findings.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote