Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

thanks, we where on the phone all day 2day with doctors they said ER but he wont go because last time ER doc looked at me and ask what tests should he run. They did get his oncologist apt moved to in am at 8, he is seeing him 2 oversee IVIG and because they think he has blood immune disease due to low testerone, vit d, amino acids, and varying levels of ammonia, calcium, uric acid and chloride. As I typed this he got choked on his on spit and it lasted a few minutes, he couldnt breath-I dont know what to do besides pray as he is stubborn. Thanks for the ss info, the one recording him is his insurance he paid throughy work for 23 yrs....

QUOTE=teresakoch;675010]Ditto to what Annie said about being on a Gluten-Free Diet. Even if he feels better, it is ESSENTIAL that he remain on a totally GF diet for the rest of his life. Researchers don't know what level of gluten will cause a problem in people with CD, and they don't know how long it takes for the intestinal lining to get back to normal after a "glutening".

If your husband doesn't follow a GF diet, his intestines will not be able to absorb everything that he takes in - that includes not only nutrients, but also medications. It can take up to 2 years for the intestinal lining to get back to full capacity.

Our youngest daughter's bloodwork numbers were back to an acceptable level after a year on a GF diet - she had numbers that were literally off the chart, and NO discernible symptoms prior to her diagnosis.

The "nasal congestion" that you are hearing is probably due to the MG - it is not uncommon to notice a nasal/flat sound in the speech pattern of a person with MG. Be sure and mention this to your husband's neurologist, because he/she will definitely want to know about it!

I hope that you are able to get things resolved with SSI - it seems to me that a sternly-worded, well-documented letter from your husband's doctor(s) should be enough to convince them of his inability to work.

I also hope that he is able to get all of the medical issues resolved soon - it's no fun to not be able to feel as good as possible. You be sure and take care of yourself, too - you won't be any help to your husband if you aren't at the top of your game.....[/QUOTE]
tnalawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote