View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I'm getting a new shower! yay!

I just called the company that's going to help me get a new shower in my bathroom. (called an interior decorator because I'm clueless on what I'll need, plus I need help with colors)

I'm taking out the fiberglass shower insert. It's been nice, but it doesnt have grab bars. I'm not so sure I want to drill thru the fiberglass to put up grab bars. (just dont trust that they'd get them attached to the stud right, plus I think the fiberglass insert would look ugly with grab bars.)

I want to put in tile that goes floor to ceiling, including the ceiling. (remembering an old shower at another house where I had pieces of drywalled ceiling falling on me while I was washing my hair) I also want plenty of grab bars and a floor that's not smooth like what I have now. I want it to match the rest of the bathroom because I dont want to change anything else in the room.

It's a basement bathroom, and I might not be able to make it totally handicap accessible, so I'm aiming for at least handicap "friendly". (and I want everything to code)

Then the rest of the house needs paint and new carpet, and I suck at picking out neutral colors. (is dark gray a neutral? That's usually what my eyes go for) So, the decorator will come in handy for helping me figure that out because I dont want people to giggle about our lack of ability to color coordinate.

My dad said that if he likes what I pick out for my bedroom, that he'll probably use the same paint color and carpet in the rest of the house.

I probably watch too much HGTV.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-14-2010)