View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, thanks Jingle for reminding me. I forgot to cover headaches.

My headaches were normally before my seizures, and I'd typically get migraines afterwards (as a result of seizure; not from hitting my head or anything). My Epi. told me they were connected, she said some are more like an aura (seizure aura, not migraine aura) and some were as a result of smaller seizures.

Sometimes, they just show up due to stress (I had more when I had grown so paranoid of having a seizure I'd end up giving myself a headache) or from medications you may be on.

For now, if you do not notice seizure increase with caffeine intake, drink BLACK coffee when you feel a headache coming on. I think it helps tons, but caffeine is not a trigger of mine. Also, ask your doctor if you can try Relpax for migraines (ask for samples, it's expensive) and try Fiornal (I probably spelled that wrong) generic: Butalbital for normal headaches.

Headaches are a pain (no pun, I swear) to deal with when looking for a culprit. It could be soooo many different things it's easier to find a way to comfort them than to diagnose 'what did it'.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote