Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I would almost bet that all of those deficiencies are related to celiac disease. With celiac, the small intestines, where we absorb the majority of our nutrients, gets so damaged that little to nothing is absorbed. Patients who have had CD for a long time are nutritionally malnourished!

I'm sorry your husband is stubborn. I think you'd rather he be not stubborn and alive than stubborn and dead!! It's hard to come in contact with doctors who couldn't buy a clue but there are lots of them out there who will help!

To me, it sounds like he belongs in the ER. Not being able to breathe is pretty serious, even if it only lasts a "short time." All MG experts will tell you that this is the time to go in and those are the reasons to do it (inability to swallow and breathe).

He needs to be patient about the CD damage because that can take a while to heal. Maybe a nutritionist would be a good idea because they could have liquid protein drinks thick enough to swallow with lots of nutrients. Liquids sometimes absorb better in someone with CD and the body doesn't have to work as hard digesting food chunks.

I hope you guys will get the help you need.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote