View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm all excited. Now I have to decide what kind of tile to use. I dont know if I want ceramic or something a little nicer. Maybe I'll go with a nicer ceramic.

I think I'm going to have fun figuring out what tile layout to do. Subway tile (rectangle shape) or if I want normal square shape tile. I'm leaning towards subway tile.

My dad wants me to add an accent tile. So, I might let him help pick the accent tile since he wants me to add an accent.

I just dont want my bathroom to look like my parents bathroom. They had it redone about five years ago. They took out this people trap of a jacuzzi tub and put a huge shower in it's place. Supposedly it was handicap accessible. I can tell you now that I know what's involved in a handicap shower, that it's not a handicap shower. (Who puts a step-up in a handicap shower? and the tiniest possible tiles on the wall and floor with hundreds of feet of grout that needs to be cleaned? handicap people arent going to crawl around on the floor to clean grout)

Their shower works, it just doesnt look very impressive for what they paid for it. (I'm starting to wonder if they ever got permits too) I'd love to redo their shower and bathroom too, but I think repainting and carpeting the house will take up the shower money for their bathroom.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-14-2010), SallyC (07-13-2010)