View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Dont worry, I'll be taking before and after pictures. I'm weird like that. I did that with my desk I had built last winter. Heck, I took in-progress pictures!

My dad just told me that we're converting the room that was his office into a "library". Basically a place for him to put his leather bound Louis L'amour books in. And he told me that I could keep my crochet/knitting stuff and my sewing machine in the room too.

Squee! A place for my crafty stuff! He's putting a futon (and a tv with cable) in there so it can also be used as a guest room if we have visitors.

We just have to get my cousin to come get her dad's desk. (my uncle died 15yrs ago. My aunt gave my dad his desk. We dont have room for it now, and luckily, my cousin wants it. It stays in the family...yay!!)

I cant wait to get carpeting and paint. I miss my dog, but 5yrs of him on white carpet and the carpeting isnt white anymore. Especially in my bedroom, which was his bedroom too. (he slept on the floor) The builders also apparently never put primer on the walls (inside and out) before they painted, and we have bubbling paint on the outside of the house, and paint that comes off like chalk on a chalkboard inside the house.

I'm all excited. I really do watch too much HGTV, but I absolutely LOVE stuff like this.

We're also going to turn my mom's old shower stall (fiberglass insert like mine, but was shut off back in 2005 and not usable) into a towel cabinet. Cutting out her old fiberglass shower while they're here removing mine, and then we'll remove the old shower pipes and drywall the walls and put up wood shelves so my mom has a place to keep her hamper for dirty clothes and shelves for clean towels and toilet paper.

Hopefully the MS leaves me alone while we get this stuff done. I think that's the only thing that would ruin the fun of remodeling. The MS trolls in my head had better behave.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote