View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hard to answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymcn View Post
This is a terrible question to bring up, but I would like to ask the long-time sufferers and full-body RSDers in particular ... do you think that RSD can be a cause of death?

I know that indirectly, the inflammation can weaken the heart and cause heart attacks, and also bring on strokes. Has anyone on this board heard of someone dying from RSD (besides suicide)?
I did have a very close and long time friend die after just being dx.w/RSD. But her cause of death was overdose of opiods. I'll make a long story short. She had problems with her cervical part of her spine, I've known this girl since we where 10 and she cracked her neck since I knew her, anyway she did damage to the neck and after many years of living in CA. and trying to get a proper dx. which she never got in CA. Finally her parents flew her to NJ and went to a PM Dr. and after some testing was dx. with RSD. She had been RX. opiods in CA. but not really the proper ones. Once she got the proper meds.the first round of meds. from the new doctor she took was to much and not the correct dose, by her own doing not the doctor. I believe she did this only out of feeling she felt finally I am getting some help. Her parents found her dead at 46 the next morning. That is my story and very sad.

This is not the first time I have heard that the west coast does not have a very good medical community. I am sure there are great doctors but hard to find.....But I have never heard of any one passing because of RSD.
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (07-14-2010), wswells (07-17-2010)