View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mrs..

Welcome to NT. Sorry for your husbands struggles. As others have said, YES you can have good and bad days. My belief is sleep has something to do with the bad days. PCS can cause all kinds of sleep problems.

Does he have any odd breathing issues when he sleeps? You might need to stay up and watch him sleep. My wife did and counted over 20 times in just one hour when I stopped breathing. She also notice that I would jerk my body during these times.

Being self-employed with disabling PCS is difficult. Been there, doing that.

And by the way, you do need a new doctor. It is hard to find doctors who understand PCS. You will likely find better knowledge here.

Which anti-depressant' did the doctor prescribe?

Anti-depressants can be brutal, even worse than PCS.

Has your husband been seen by a good chiropractor? His shaking can be related to a malfunctioning back/spinal cord. Some PTs can help but likely not. Some benefit from an Upper Cervical Chiropractor. You have to try different chiros until you find one who understands your husbands body and injuries.

Stay strong. Your husband needs you and is lucky to have you by his side.

You should try to find a brain injury support group. They can be very helpful for the injured and the spouse/caregiver. The BIA is your state may have a list. Otherwise, some rehab hospitals have a list of support groups.

Were here for both of you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote