View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Boy Teresa, I feel like I'm stalking you, but again, good advice.
Christopher, If you can take up to 180mg of mestinon, and Not get sick, but feel a little better for a while, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "sounds like MG to me as well" "I'd be surprise if you didn't have MG"
Hopefully they'll do a sleep test on you as well. Make sure to tell them about how much you sleep, and such. Many people with MG, also have Sleep Apnea. I think it has to do with weakened muscles.
Also, you may not know this, but Mestinon can be like taking an aspirin for some MG'ers. It works a tiny bit, but not doing the job, you may need a cocktail of meds. And that can take a couple years to work out what is the right combination for your body.
Most MG'ers have to take a mix of something like, Prednisone, CycloSporine, Provigil, or drugs like Cellcept, Imuran instead of CycloSporine.
If they gave you Mestinon, then that's good news, in that, they are leaning heavily towards MG. It's not a med doctors just hand out to cover all possible diagnosis, it's pretty direct. (except for dysautonomia, and even then, it was just a trial thing, I don't know much of any other medical issues it would be prescribe.
Best of Wishes
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote