Old 07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstpabl1 View Post
First off, thank you for all the time you've given to me over the last few days. I really appreciate it.

I'm taking from your post and links that everything should be go to go. The Folic Acid is a concern as my tumor was colon and I get the pleasure of yearly colonostopies I don't think I'm taking it at all...am I?

Yeah the cost of suppliments is no laughing matter, but laughing makes the pain go away
No, you are not taking the folate in high dose, unless you forgot to tell me so far. I'd keep the folate at 400-800mcg/day if you take a multi --it will be in there. We get folate from enhanced flour products, pasta and cereal now in the US.

Until this is more clearly explained, folate vs active methyl and which is the culprit and in what doses, we should all be moderate with folic acid. (methyl folate is the active form).

The doses that were implicated so far were above 2mg/day and more like 5mg/day.( in younger women who were taking it to prevent spina bifida in their babies).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote