Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default HBOT protocols

Hey DontPlayFootball,

I did find lots on HBOT. I think that it is definitely worth trying.
I believe that having the treatments close together is recommended. However, the nearest place to me only has sessions three times a week.
I think that 5 is more usual but I will have to go with what is available.
I hope that there is a HBOT treatment center somewhere near you, so that you can try it out if you want to.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPlayFootball View Post
Hey Concussed Scientist!

You should definitely scour the internet as much as you can for good sources of information on hbot. I found from looking at a ton of sources that it seems to be the case that for head injuries the correct pressure is 2.0 for 1 hour, for at least 40 sessions. This has proven to help the brain by using SPECT imaging before and after hbot therapy which showed a healthier brain post hbot. There is also a study on going in the military about people getting exploding ied's (bombs) by their head and having severe traumatic head injuries and having disorders like depression for a year resolve with 40 hbot treatments.

However, I haven't really found much by the way of normal people on forums talking about hbot. I also haven't found if hbot would be good for traumatic brain encephalopathy, or if really anything would be good for tbe.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote