View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry for your husbands struggles. I'm 16 mths PCS.

First of all the doctor is an idiot and doesn't know what he is talking about. Like Mark says you need a different doctor.

My life right now consists of good and bad days. In the beginning (first 1/2 year) a good day was being able to wash my car or walk around the block and see my computer properly. I couldn't mow the lawn at all last year. Couldn't see properly for a whole year. Thankfully now a good day is going to the gym, working out, playing with my kids and not noticing my head as much. But it is still always there.

My advice to you is have your husband read some of these posts so he can see others are going through what he is. And keep supporting him, especially with his small victories. PCS hammers your self confidence and you can feel very useless. Especially running the show and being the sole breadwinner - I can relate. There is no quick fix and his brain needs time to heal. The toughest part is you don't know how long it will take. Help him realize that the struggles he is going through will build character for later in life.

Best of luck.
Wanttobesurfing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote