View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

What magnesium chloride product are you deciding to use? At this dose? Starting patients are recommended at 1/2 the RDA elemental. So I need to know which product you intend to use.

Alpha lipoic needs at least 600mg a day to be effective... the newer version r-lipoic will work at 100mg a day.

Retest Vit D3 and B12 in 3 months for best results. And take the B12 on an empty stomach for best absorption.

Lisinopril does deplete zinc on a daily basis. So adding some zinc in the form of OptiZinc once a day might be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Based on doing alot of reading on this site, and some feedback from some of you, I've started taking a few of the recommended supplements.

D3 - 3000 IU daily.
Methyl B-12 - 1,000 mcg lozenge daily. Taking this because my B12 test came in at 350.
Magnesium Chloride - 520mg twice daily
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily - Have had an elevated glucose test. Thought this one would be good as it converts glucose to energy and is an antioxident.

My question is, can I take TOO much of any of this?
How do you know if you are taking enough?

How often should I call my Dr. and asked to be tested for B12 and D levels?
Should I be consulting with my neurologist first, or regular MD to make sure its safe to take with Neurontin and Lisinopril (blood pressure)?

Sorry for all the questions, but there is so much information here, it is a bit overwhelming!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote