View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Typical day for me (throw in other low fat goodies like fresh fruits etc):

1. Cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. On weekend, egg beaters (or egg whites from whole eggs) with green peppers/onions/sliced turkey in olive oil in the pan, then put on whole grain or whole wheat toast (mmmm!)

2. Lunch is easy. Either sandwich with chicken/turkey, or chicken variation of some lean cuisine (yeah packaged food, I'm lazy).

3. Rice or pasta, with a large portion of meat or a soy or veggie burger for dinner.

I snack on stuff like cereal (Special K Vanilla Almond is amazing!!!) and eat prunes once a day. Fat free yogurt as well.

I basically still to the above 99% of the time. Vacation is a bust generally haha!... but you're allowed to cheat a little if you ask me, provided you always go back to your 'routine'.

All in moderation!.. it takes a while to find eating you enjoy. I use a lot of sodium free spices and barely use margarine at all (I have the Becel vegan stuff, and it's actually pretty awesome).

Swank etc diets WORK. I can feel the benefits on my health now that I've been doing this for 2+ years. It took a while for me to begin to see how much it helped to cut red meat and bad fats (or greatly reduce them).
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (07-15-2010)