View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default rolfing

I went through the 10 treatments several years ago and continue working with a Rolfer every other week. She pays particular attention to the aspects of my movement patterning which are most locked up. I credit her care in large part with the fact that after 5+ years of symptoms, I still have no balance problems and a fairly normal gait.

I do think the success of Rolfing depends in large part on the sensitivity and diagnostic eye of the practitioner. I've been fortunate to find someone who is particularly gifted in that area. Having tried Feldenkrais techniques and Alexander work, Rolfing seems to be the most direct and dynamic of the three -- but they are all useful therapies with a well-thought out conceptual basis.

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Thanks for this inspiring, interesting discovery. This seems closely tied to finding that PWP when singing or otherwise immersed in melody lost their tremor.

Speaking of ways to wellness, i am going to leap to another alternative help us realign or reconnect at holistic level. I know that many of us realize stress in form of pent up emotion may indeed play a part in the onset of PD.I have read that touch therapy like the gentle guidance offered through the Alexander Technique has shown clinical benefit to PWP. Has anyone tried this?

I am also quite interested in Swedish technique known as Rolfing that does actually help some in the release of emotion trapped in our muscle memory and tissue. I have actually heard of people receiving a full series of 10 treatments and having a completely different posture, gait, etc. as a result.
I would also like to hear experiences with this approach too.

Thanks!

Laura
aquario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (07-15-2010), imark3000 (07-14-2010)