Thread: New Here!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face New Here!

Hi, my name is Christina. I am a 29 year old female. About 3 months ago, I lost feeling in my entire left side. I had MRI's done of my brain and cervical spine. They came out ok. A couple weeks after my symptoms started, my left hand began turning purple and very cold. I went to my PCP who sent me to the hospital, as he could not find a pulse in my left wrist. At the ER, they used doppler equipment to search for my pulse. They couldn't find one and immediately said I had a blood clot. They did an angiogram, but could not find a clot anywhere.
I was told that if my hand continued to do what it had been, I'd need to keep coming back to the hospital, since my left hand could get gangrene and i could lose it. I was sent home, and it continued for about 4 weeks, then it went away for several days, but much to my dismay it came back. It has continued for another month, and my left leg and foot began to exhibit the same symptoms as my left arm and hand. (muscle cramping, icy-hot sensations, frozen hand and foot, purple hand and foot, muscle spasms and twitching, and of course, the loss of pulse).
Today, I went and had a nerve block done in my neck to hopefully help the symptoms in my arm. There has been no effect. I don't know what to do now. It seems to be spreading and getting worse. Any ideas?
nocyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (07-14-2010)