View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

About a year ago I suffered a concussion, mild traumatic brain injury, etc... And I experienced all of the things that you post. I will tell you that I am finally getting better. The difficult part of this recovery is that no one understands what you are going through, only those who have suffered the same type of concussion injury. You have to try not to over compensate but allow your brain to heal. Slow and steady, don't exert yourself mentally or physically. What worked for me was to accept how I felt as a symptom of recovery, and nothing more then that. The more I wanted to feel "normal" again the more it was difficult to accept how I was feeling. But I accepted the "strange" and yes scary feelings with an understanding that my brain was healing. Don't over analyze things and don't get caught up in over researching brain injury information. A good neurologist is helpful, but good luck findng one. Other things that helped me, was taking Omega 3 fish oils twice a day and B12 once per day. Drink plenty of water, absolutlly NO alcohol or other intoxicants while you heal. Exercise is helpful, but no over exertion, as this sometimes intensifies the hazy / foggy feeling. Give yourself plenty of time to relax, your favorite music can also be helpful. Check out Lumosity Memory Games they can be helpful. Again don't over analyze or research too many topics, there is no "silver bullet". Give yourself time to heal. In time you will get better. Prayer and faith is helpful too.
Best of luck on your road to recovery.
RUAL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (08-12-2010), Concussed Scientist (07-22-2010), Mark in Idaho (07-15-2010), rkell03 (07-28-2010)