Old 07-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemarie View Post
Sorry if I am not posting this in the correct place. Just let me know!

What all have you tried over the years with your MP? I am struggling with these drugs my neuro keeps prescribing. I can not tolerate the bad side effects of Neurontin, Lyrica, and Cymbalta? Were you prescribed these in the past?
From what I read you use the patches & supplements for your pain. I am curious if you went through the realm of drugs that doctors prescribe before finding some relief in a more "natural" way.
Thank you for reading!
No, I did not do the drugs...mostly because they were not available (I think Neurontin had just come out) back then.

I found Lidoderm patches most effective. Avoidance of heat, hot tubs, etc, also keep mine in low gear. No tight clothing. Once I had the remission using the Lidoderm patches, my MP (which was awful, stabbing and unbearable) has been very quiet. I get a twinge now and then from overextension of the leg, but it never went back to the awful quality I had for years.

I do various supplements for my hands and feet, and I think they too helped over time. Fish oil, antioxidants, B12, magnesium are my mainstays. I've done others too like SAMe but I don't recall it changing my MP pain much.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote