View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Thanks.... yes the kitties do like it up there. Oreo the most I think. This may be Sheba's last summer up there, as she is showing kidney failure now. She is really OLD. (we have to take our special foods for them, and us, since it is a whole day trip to a large store like WalMart.) Sheba is now on special kibble called active maturity by Science Diet.

They do not enjoy the trip however, and catching them to put in their cages is very stressful on US. We had a cat run away into the woods one year when we left up there, and it took 3 hrs to get her back!
They don't cry much after the first hour. But it is a long haul for them. 8+ hrs. Its getting to be a long haul for us too!
I have so many flowers in the two vans, that the locals up there call us the Botany mobiles! But having something to do with plants is part of my vacation, so hubby is kind to help with all that extra effort!

This is a funny story: Back when we were first married, in the first 5 yrs...we brought back some tall ostrich ferns for the yard. Getting our stuff over to the car (we only had one small car back then) is difficult, so we brought them back early and the marina let us line them up in the shade along the boat house (we also had a small boat). Well several days passed, and it was early morning and I went to gather up the black garbage bags filled with ferns, and I leaned over to lift one and a HUGE frog leaped out and hit me in the face! I let out a scream that is memorable to this day! (and the ferns are still going well back along our fence today).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mere (07-17-2010), Twinkletoes (07-15-2010)