Thread: New and waiting
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am not aiming this at you directly, but I get frustrated when I hear people saying things like this. "Lyrica will help" "Neurontin will help" "Vitamins will help" I've been on all of those... I've tried all three of those.. I've tried Topamax. I've tried so many things and have not found any relief--in fact, the PN has gotten much much worse over time, even though my vitamin levels are all at normal levels now. Lyrica and Neurontin are not the answers for everybody--they do not work for everyone. They aren't magical cures... what works for one will not work for another... they sure haven't worked for me. =(

Again... this isn't meant to be aimed directly at you.. but I see a LOT of people saying that one specific medicine works best... when in reality, that's not true--it depends on the individual.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (07-17-2010), malawigirl08 (07-15-2010)