View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Yes, I am not up for staying alone out there much longer. We are having frig problems...propane frigs are not reliable.

Back when my son stayed with me all summer, we did lots of projects, painting, stone work...but now he has a job with only 14 days vacation, and he only saves 7 for us. Hubby gets 5 weeks and used to go back and forth, but I really can't stay alone anymore. Too old, not safe. Last summer was very cold and stressful, and until hubby retires, it will be shorter vacations for a while.

While it is beautiful, it is like living 100yrs ago! Very primative, and some of the storms up there are nasty. I was alone one year near Labor day, before our son was born, and the house was hit by lightning! missed me by 4 ft.! That was horrible in the middle of the night, alone with only one cat, dealing with THAT!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote