View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

[B]Can you tie these flare ups to any activity or extra stress at the time?[B]

I cannot tie the flare ups to any particular activity. In the beginning I thought it was triggered by my heavy arm bag filled with my college textbooks, or from lifting heavy stuff but over time I came to realize that the pain happens on a fairly regular basis regardless of activity.

Any previous whiplash or upper body hits, falls, bumps?

About 7 days before the first occurance, I had lifted a heavy suitcase and tried to put the strap on the shoulder. I felt a distinct "pop" but no pain. 7 days later is when the symptoms first began, but there has been no indication of any dislocation.

Have you considered a evaluation by a few expert chiropractors?
Sometimes they are helpful when MDs can't see a problem- but seek out ones that are very good.
Advanced PTs would be able to do in depth evaluations also.

I am quite leery of chiropracty so I have not and do not intend to seek out their assistance. I did not realize I could just up and visit a PT without a diagnosis, so maybe I will investigate that. I have another appointment with my neurologist on Monday, however. He'll probably insist that I schedule my brain MRI right away, I've just been avoiding it since I am pregnant even though it is safe, it just makes me nervous.

QUOTE]If you haven't found our sticky threads above the main TOS thread list {green circle Icon w arrow} do some reading in those - kind of a crash course for TOS in those.[/QUOTE]

I have been doing some reading but so far while the symptoms seem quite similar I haven't found anyone yet that has no pain most of the time, except for 1-2 week flare ups once or twice a year.

Thanks again!
lithographica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote