View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Got to the vet, right on time. Half hour late, they ushered me into the room, and then 15 minutes later, a tech came in, holding my cat, handed him to me,and said ..."ok, GL. TY" I was stunned! shocked, speechless! WAIT I cried as he got to the door. I have TONS of questions. "im sorry he said. what can I help you with?"

1. where is his carrier?
2. Why is his foot so swollen"
3. Does he need meds at home?if so where are they?
4. what is his temp?it was really high this morn.
5. was his last void clear?
6. what was the result of todays blood/urine work up?
I could go on and on I said.

OH! he said. WOW, those are all great questions, and I am totally unprepared to answer them. His normal tech Devon has gone home for the day, and I didnt realize he was so complicated. I dont know why, but I thought he was a simple release. I said "please, get the owner in here. I am not leaving till I see Dr. Pearson.

An hour later, Dr. Pearson comes in all smiles, and apologies. He gave great answers, and was prepared to come visit. He had the chart, the meds, the reports...I asked him what that was all about with that tech, and he responded that my cat had been listed as "released" earlier in the day and he thought it was a boarding cat going home.

Jack has a fever of 105.7 normal is about 101.5 or so. its about a 102/103temp for us. HIGH! I refused the rabies vaccine as he is feverish. He is overdue by one week, but it can wait till he heals. He is peeing on his own, and starting to eat, but clearly isnt completely out of the woods. He was urine soaked, and then peed in his carrier on the ride home. He ran and jumped into my armoire where I keep my shirts/Pjs. (the bottom shelf is his) and cowered into the corner. I have turned the room dark, and quiet and just allowed him to rest. Every time he hears you come in the room he cowers. I am sure he is used to being yanked in and out of the cage. So, I hope he can just sleep, rest and heal. now my whole armoire reeks of urine. good thing tomorrow is laundry day anyway. poor thing.

TY all for the love and support. I will take him back tomorrow for a recheck since his fever is so high. At least for tonight, he is home.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-16-2010), Koala77 (07-15-2010), SallyC (07-15-2010)