View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I'm going crazy worrying about him. Our doctor is hours away and not terrifically helpful. I've learned more reading your posts than talking to him.

As for my son's behaviour before the vitamin protocol.
When he was 5, he was diagnosed with Asperger's, however a lot of the behaviours that led to this diagnosis disappeared when we reduced dairy, colourings and preservatives in his diet. The main problems that remain are pervasive anxiety and inability to deal with stress. When stressed, the Aspie traits return - inflexibility, rigid thinking, sensory sensitivities, meltdowns. Lots of fun stuff.
My research then led me to pyroluria, which explains a lot more about why he behaves the way does. But the miracle cure just isn't happening yet.

I wouldn't say he is more hyper on the supplements, maybe a bit noisier. It's just the emotional extremes. If he's upset he's hysterical, if he's angry it's "I'm going to punch/kill you". It's all or nothing. And he's never been this angry and aggressive before, emotional, but not ever threatening.

Anyway the capsules contain
zinc picolinate 25mg
p5p 25mg
pyridoxine hcl 125mg
manganese gluconate 3.75g
vit e 50mg
ascorbic activity as Mg ascorbate 150mg
mg ascorbate 11mg

The adult dose is 1 capsule, twice a day. The doctor suggested I start my son on the same dose. (I don't thinki so.) I started him on a half capsule, morning and night, and he went nuts. Dropped it to half capsule, once a day, he still went nuts.

I too was a bit concerned about the manganese. That's why I tried the pyridoxine hcl and magnesium on its own. The anger wasn't as bad, but the emotional hysterics were.

It's all very interesting, but definitely beyond my knowledge to figure this puzzle out. I really appreciate your taking the time to help.

Many thanks, Molly
Molly50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote