Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel's daugther View Post
Hello Daniella
No we have not gone to Rush, RIC is the only program my daughter has gone too. We are now in the process of getting an appointment with Northwestern for a second opinion. When you say best pain doctor at a teaching hospital do you mean Rush? Thank you for your response

Hi No I did not mean Rush as the teaching hospital. I meant a major hospital in your area that may be a teaching hospital because from what I read here they are more up to date on treatments. Of course you would not have the student but the doctor who deals with RSD. I did the pain program well part of it at Cleveland Clinic and saw 2 pain docs there and have mixed feelings but like I said the girl I know had good results. I was also going to try to do hbot but then decided to wait. My thought for the teaching hospital was just because I saw so many doctors for ex one I saw on Discovery channel who helped this lady with rsd so I went to see him to be let down. The one at the teaching hospital I found really spent time,took my concerns into account,looked outside the box and spent time where as like at CC it was very rushed and there was not a lot of options. Again I am not saying you should not go to CC since like sandy said her d had a good experience just my thoughts. Hang in there.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (09-02-2010)