View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
This is the first I've ever heard of this happening in 12 years of researching and being on PN boards. I doubt this very much.
PN is a chronic condition, not a disease - and it is not known to be fatal.
Could you give details, please?
well he started out with numbness in his hands then couldn't lift his feet up as high, he was tripping over things so he went to the dr. so they did one of the those tests where they stick a needle in his skin and checked his nerves, and it came back that he had PN, well he got progressively worse to where he was using a walker and finally he had to go into a nursing home, while in there he ended up in a wheel chair and got worse and worse to where he couldn't feed himself any more and he had to be in a supported wheel chair, because he couldn't cough any more he developed pnuemonia and ened up in the hospital well he got so bad while in there they sent him to ccu and put him on a c- pap and then he went into a coma slight state because of his oxygen levels and they gave him antibiotics but they weren't working fast enough and he couldn't eat and drink so the dr. Said he would probably starve to death before the antibiotics and because of the PN he would need a trach. To breath the rest of his life because his stomache muscles weren't working any more due to the PN he previously signed a dnr, hevdid wake up one time before he passed away and we all got to say goodbye to him, he died two days later, I was very upset. Because I didn't know he was gonna die from it I thought he was just gonna be dissabled for the rest of his life but my older sister knew he was gonna die from this, I guess because it attacked his breathing muscles he would have died anyways or would need a trac. Which he did not want done.
april05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote