Thread: New and waiting
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know. A family friend just asked me last night if I had RSD. She had read a story on Fox News about it, and wanted to know if that is that I had had. I told her that I had PN, but that I'd talk to my neurologist about it and see what he thought. I researched RSD last night and it doesn't sound like what I have. I relate to some of the symptoms, but not a lot of them. I did look at those pictures on the thread, though, and it is very different. My legs no longer turn red--they turn dark purple.
I don't have any problems in my hands... just in my feet.
I am still going to ask my neurologist, just in case. The website that I was reading last night listed some tests that are done to check for RSD and a few of them are tests I have already had for PN, so I would think that they would have caught it if I do indeed have RSD.I don't thnk I have enough of the symptoms fo have it.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote