View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default should be your choice, IMHO

"But there are other medications in this category that once were used for PD, I tried to press my neuro on these, but he wouldn't have any of it.

My thought was that if there are PD anticholinergics, maybe they would also help the bladder problems and PD at the same time - I am running out of options currently with the ones I have been taking. His opinion is that they are 'old-fashioned, and people don't use them because there are too many side-effects'.

There are loads of them, and are prescribed for all sorts of things.....

Lindy[/QUOTE]

What??? All the PD meds have side effects, and lots of them, who is he kidding? If you want to try a med, he should support your informed decision. Unless you love your doc, I'd look for another one. We go to two, not including one who we consult by phone. They all listen, and if one won't let us try something, we got to another. (Tricky, this, because you have to space the visits out so you don't go broke...but I like to think of it as having a couple of lawyers on retainer, they are there when/if you need them). The only thing we've not been able to try, yet, is methylene blue, and that was really only because we couldn't figure out the dose! I'd have another talk with him and see if he couldn't be persuaded to support your treatment preference.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (07-16-2010)