View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Some things I remembered...

Thanks for responding so quickly...

Some things I forgot to put in the information I first posted that might help out.

Ellie, you spoke of paralysis...I too had this, twice. I was fully aware and conscience of what was going on around me, but could not move an inch. The first time it happened I was awakened at night, and could see the alarm clock, but could not move. I even tried to get a sound or whimper, but couldn't. So I watched the clock for an hour and 4 minutes until I was able to move again. It scared the crap out of me. Than was in Sept 2005. Then again in Nov (on Thanksgiving)2005 I lost movement of the bottom half of my body. I couldn't move my legs or anything. That lasted all day. We called the neuro on call and he felt that because I was also sick at the time, that it was just a virus. No big deal. I felt it was a big deal. Since then, it hasn't happened while conscience.

I have both partial and GM seizures. My dad has been dx with ES. He doesn't have a tumor or anything, but because he has had so many seizures in the last twenty years, he has major scar tissue that needs removed.

I did have an EEG done back in 2004, it too was normal. I also had an LP done in 04 that was normal. My first neuro dx me as "probable MS". I am not sure if that dx still stands with my new neuro.

I have been referred to an Epilepsy clinic at Duke in NC (where I live), but can't get in until May 1. My seizures are averaging about one or two every other week. My primary care dr. is great. He has checked all my hormone levels and other levels he could think of.

Currently I am taking Multivitamin, B-12, B-6, B-2, Complex B, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, DHA (Omega 3 -Fish Oils Purest Form), Pedolux (Butterburr Root Extract for Migraines), Folic Acid - All taken in the morning

In the evening I take Topamax, Seroquil, Diazepam, Verapamil (for daily headaches)

I hope this helps explain a little bit more history about me. If any one thinks of anything else that they could come up with to talk with my neuro about, I would appreciate it. And thanks to you both for responding so quickly again.

M
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote