View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry to hear your and your husbands story, Sam. Glad you found us here. My personal advice is RUN!

I live on the Eastern Shore of MD and have had a very hard time finding a good PM doc who has any real knowledge of RSD and therapies to help. I'm only about 1.5 hours from DC and it's not impossible to travel that far for treatment. I recently found a wonderful PM who is not afraid to try contraversial treatments for me. My former PM was two hours away and told me there was nothing more he could do for me. Also said that it was my fault that my RSD (left leg and hip and butt) is this bad because I did not do what he told me to. (Walk backwards on an inclined treadmill). I can hardly walk at all, mind you. So, basically I was driving four hours for a five minute med-check. (All along not being able to stomach the narcotics and getting violently sick at any given moment). Only to get yelled at by him every month. The stress alone from going to see him made my pain horribly worse.

Well, I finally found one who understands. He said that he understood the effects of RSD after he had a bad case of Shingles. In the past two months that I have seen him, I have started a whole new regimen on meds, nerve blocks and even Ketamine. I am still in agony, but I see light at the end of the tunnell. Please don't give in or give up. Your husband and you deserve to be treated with respect. Try to eliminate the idiots and keep searching!

I can give you some names of the good doctors that I use. I really think you should find a more compassionate and educated group of doctors. Also, Jimking, whose wife has RSD lives in VA and has some wonderful resources. He has helped me more times than I can count; and he is the spouse of an RSD'r and you two could probably really relate.

Sorry I am not more help. Please remember that we are ALWAYS here for you and your Hubby. Welcome to a very loving and caring family.

Please keep us posted.

Your new friend,

Kim

Last edited by Kakimbo; 07-16-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: left out words (imagine that!)
Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-18-2010), BabyLeilani (07-17-2010), cindi1965 (07-16-2010), fmichael (07-23-2010), hannah1234 (07-16-2010), Wilbyfree (07-16-2010), wswells (07-16-2010)