View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sam,
NO that is not a high dosage right after surgery!!!! I had my wisdom teeth out, and I took 6mg of of hydromorphone every 3 hours for about a month, I am slowly teetering down. I take 60mg of baclofen a day, lyrica you can go up to 300 and that is totally NORMAL for a pain patient. I am on 1800 mgs of neurontin. I also have a fetanyl patch which is 25mcg. Also methadone 5mg 4 times a day. I am 20 so him being 26 there is no reason they can't up it unless he has bad side effects. I understand the being young and feeling lost and helpless.

Ask for the chief head pain management doctor, and sit down with him or her, and if they know RSD they know that is NOT too much. Especially if he is inpatient at the hospital, they can monitor him and up his dosages until this vicious pain cycle tops after surgery. I have done surgery 4 times after RSD and have to do it again in a few months. I understand the uncontrollable pain. a heat pack might help him relax the muscles. This is ALL NORMAL RSD stuff you/your husband are going through. They should NOT TOUCH HIM, until he is medicated enough so it does not flare anymore than it is. Hang in there, and find other help. Look for anesthesiologists, or neurologists in the hospital that deal with rsd. Maybe go down and try to find somebody that can tell you which doctors deal with which diseases, you have the right to have a consult with whomever you need. Dont stop searching for a doctor. you can do it! He needs you to be his rock right now and so he knows you are fighting for him. Try not to pity him (thats the worst for me) Never give up, and talk to the doctor outside of the room to get his attention or ask him who treats RSD. Keep going, and make sure you eat and get a little nap in here and there so you are rested. Write down a list of questions you have for the doctors, and what you expect out of them, so when you do talk to them it is business and there is little emotion so you can get the point across but know exactly what you need answered. My mom is my rock and has helped me through so many bad times, these are just a few of the things that she has done that I thought I'd share with you. Your husband and you are in all of our prayers for strength, and to give the doctors the wisdom to treat and help your husband out of this agony. We on here have all been through that kind of pain... Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Hannah

Last edited by hannah1234; 07-16-2010 at 07:53 PM.
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BabyLeilani (07-17-2010), Kakimbo (07-16-2010), Wilbyfree (07-16-2010), wswells (07-16-2010)