Thread: Rotation Menus
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So, a rotation diet has been in the back of my mind for awhile now. I do have two questions. For the lesser question, Kim, I noticed you have apples for a snack on day 1 and baked apples for breakfast on day 3. Are you just not concerned with a reaction to apples, or was that a slip? (And bananas are on both of those days, too.)

The bigger question for me is, how do you handle school lunches versus supper? By that I mean, if you're having chicken for lunch and supper, when do you fix it? I can fix chicken for supper, and then have leftovers for lunch the next day, but then you're talking about roughly a 24 hour "exposure" period. If the kids eat chicken for lunch, and then that same day for supper, it's more of a 12 hour "exposure" (assuming breakfast might also be chicken related). Do you get up early so that there's freshly cooked chicken for the kids to take to school for lunch, and maybe eat for breakfast? Or do you make the meal the night before, so that you're always eating leftovers? Or do you freeze supper leftovers for the next chicken day (three days later)? (So the reason I'm picking on chicken, is that I've been enjoying roasting whole chickens for supper lately. It takes 2 1/2 hours to cook. Getting up early to fix that in time for the kids to take to school is blowing my mind. Although, I could easily fix one on the weekend in time for lunch.)
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote