View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Sam and Welcome

Your story is all too familiar to all on this forum and we all had wished we had ran a few times. I am so sorry you and your husband are being subject to this ignorance. I am grateful as I am sure your husband is that he has you. It sounds as though your husband is in a severe flare, NOBODY has the right to touch and twist, poke and prod during this time. They all have the cure but none of them have the disease. Get enough medication to hold him over and start looking for another doctor with knowledge. The medication is alot, but so is the pain. Until your husband can get traction, he needs the meds. As far as therapy and challenging the pain, with this disease, there is a time and place for it. Sometimes you just absolutely can't do it but the flares come and go (ease up) and then is when you can challenge the pain. Amputation for my right foot has been advised, but after gaining some knowledge from here, I just do not think that is something I am considering anymore. Six months ago I truly thought I could cut the pain away, I am so glad I didn't. The burning pain is the worst, and I don't think anyone has found a majic bottle for that, we just have to ride it out. I do use Ativan at night this helps me not care that I burn, I am just being honest. Hang in there and find a knowledgeable doctor. God Bless you both.
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BabyLeilani (07-17-2010), dreambeliever128 (07-17-2010), hannah1234 (07-17-2010), Kakimbo (07-17-2010), wswells (07-17-2010)