View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 01:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Waging War on My PN

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, but not new to PN. My PN started around Feb '08 and it is attributed to Diffuse Scleroderma (SD) (a pretty nasty autoimmune) that I have had since May '07. The small nerve PN was dx'd by a Mayo Scottsdale Neurologist after EMG's and skin biopsies, etc.

I have very successfully used Lyrica which made all the difference in the world when my PN was at its worst, and as I battled my SD using an antibiotic protocol (AP). Fortunately the AP has worked terrifically and my SD is almost in remission. My PN has improved quite a bit also, but it is not gone. I weaned off Lyrica around Jan '10 and started using the ReBuilder device. I wasn't sure it was doing too much in the long run, though when used it did help sooth my burning feet (for a while). Recently I lost the ReBuilder during some travel and I have been off it for 3 wks. Now I believe my PN is worse again or at least a lot more noticable, and I have restarted taking Lyrica 100 mg at bedtime and mid-day in order to be more functional and get a better night sleep and not be so fatigued during the day. I am trying (so far unsucessfully) to get another replacement ReBuilder cheaply.

I used to look over the Peripheral Neuropathy Assn Board, but it has always seemed to be unutilized. So, it is fantastic to finally find a decent PN site and BB to help me wage war on my PN. I look forward to getting great advice and encouragment as I win this war.

Randy
RandyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
malawigirl08 (07-17-2010)