View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
The last couple days my symptoms have backed off big time, though. yesterday I was good from around 11 am onward, today I almost haven't been bothered at all. My hands just feel more... relaxed? And no burning, tingling, pain, nothing. My neck pain also seems to be healing at the same time.I started using hot compresses on my neck/back last night so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

I'm almost afraid to hope that this episode is almost over with. Please, God, don't let it come back over the weekend/next week. I know there is such a thing as relapsing/remitting PN, but I don't think the flare ups last just seven days

I guess I'm going back to the PCP regardless. Maybe physical therapy will get rid of this now that it's knocked back on its heels.
I have to ask why you would want to go ahead with PT if you are doing better? Don't mess with that which isn't broken is often times a good rule of thumb. If you are doing better, then I wouldn't do the PT either, not for now anyways.

I am a PT failure, so to speak. I have chronic headaches, with pain in my neck and shoulders. I had a cervical MRI which did show slightly herniated discs. My neuro felt I may benefit from PT, to try it for 12 sessions or so. I did. I went to PT with pain in my neck, radiating into my right shoulder. I had PT 3 times a week, heat therapy, which was great, then gentle massage with a 10 minute break, then more intense massage therapy, off to an exercise machine, then more massage. By the 4th or 5th session, my left shoulder was hurting more than my right did before therapy, and that never improved. By the end of 11 sessions, I felt I was in worse shape than when I started out. My neuro said we will not try that again.

I always try to follow through on anything the doctors ask me to try, very seldom have I ever told them no. PT was a mistake for me, and to this day, I still have neck/shoulder pain, it comes and goes. I find stress is my worst enemy.

Just my opinion, I wouldn't do PT for now, not when you symptoms seem to be getting better.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
malawigirl08 (07-17-2010)