View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 07:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Iam sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
OW,

Sorry to hear about your husband. There is not a soul here that doesn't "get it." I went from vicodine to vicodine ES to oxycontin and for which none helped. I too cried myself, not to sleep, but from bedtime to the wee hours of the morning. This went on nightly for about a month, worsening all the while, to where it really started to work me to the limit. I don't know why your husbands pain started, mine was from a shoulder arthroscopy gone down a bad road of complications. I saw the train wreck coming and sought a neurologist who suggested CRPS and underwent pain managment around 6 wks post-op. I am now somewhat controlled, sometimes, after 10 stellate blocks and at my early suggestion, switching to norco (less acetomeniphen) to keep from blowing my liver up along with a few other meds. The pain is never really gone but is not as it was pre-blocks. I think you are on the right road, being here with all the resources available, but the road is long and hard. You sound patient and understanding, qualities that I too am blessed with my wifes understanding and support during those unbearable days, frankly for which I don't know how I would have progressed this far without her. Hang in there, understand that his pain is real and not to be understood by anyone who has not walked in those shoes. Everyones experience is unique, but with time and proper care, it likely will get better, at least more so than it is now. I know it is hard to see the light when you can't find the tunnel, but it will come.
this is so dang hard .... your husband is very very young..Have faith and hold close to us here as we have seen and felt all of those feelings esp. the pain your husband is enduring. When you are the patient, you live for the moment doing everything WE think is right at the time..looking from the outside in..you NEED to take the informational contacts listed here and do your homework..Run from these Dr. bozos and make calls..Your husband and you deserve the best medical attention there is to offer...RSD does not change in its relentless uphill pain...but we learn to mold ourselves in order to " manage" our lives... the pain, the change, the new limits with this disease......Already your husbands has felt the horrible part of this disease... Get new Dr.'s and never stop learning...I only wish you had the opportunity to "yank" and "pull" on his Dr.'s while screaming at them to keep quiet!! DANG!

Nice to have you here with us and please..allow us to share in your heartfelt feelings...

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BabyLeilani (07-17-2010), dreambeliever128 (07-17-2010), hannah1234 (07-17-2010), Kakimbo (07-17-2010), wswells (07-19-2010)